We provide a lot of Chakra products, so we thought we’d do a little guide for each of them! Today we’ll look at the meaning of the Sacral Chakra, providing background information and common problems people experience with this energy center. People often refer to the Sacral Chakra as the ‘Sex Chakra’ but sexuality is only a small part of what comes under the Svadhishthana umbrella.
So What is the Sacral Chakra Associated With?
- Sensuality and libido
- Free-spiritedness and spontaneity
- Childlike joy in little things
- Creative intuition and flow
- Comfort and luxury
- Relationships and friendships
- Deep emotions & emotional problems
- Desires (expressed, latent, or secret)
- Intimacy (sexual or platonic)
Reduced to it’s basics, the Sacral Chakra is all about the flow of joyful and pleasurable energies. It’s the realm of creative and emotional flow, free-spiritedness and joy in the pleasures life provides. It’s associated with sexual energies so often because one of the most stand-out symptoms of a Sacral Chakra blockage is a decreased libido – and a lack joy in sex and sensuality. A simple aversion to being close to others, whether emotionally or intimately.
Signs of Sacral Chakra Problems:
- Lack of motivation
- Creative and artistic blocks
- Feelings of running in place (putting much energy into life but nothing changing)
- Repeated or similar relationship problems over time
- Aversion to physical & emotional intimacy (not wanting to ‘let anyone in’)
- Ignoring the ‘child inside’, but still feeling like a lost child
- Repressing emotions and hiding them from others
- Feelings of guilt and shame about emotions and sexuality
- Feeling unloved and ‘left out’
Signs Your Sacral Chakra is Overactive:
- Dominating others in relationships
- Always getting what you want, without compromise
- A life focused around receiving what you desire
- Using pleasure as a replacement for love
- Putting others second to achieving your desires
- Becoming a workaholic, or chasing your own creativity at the detriment to yourself or others
- Constantly chasing (or requiring) physical comfort and pleasure
We hoped this cleared some things up for you! Remember to keep that energy balanced and flowing! We’ve got some wonderful hand painted motifs and artwork of the Sacral Chakra, take a look!
For more tips, tricks, meditations, news and info, like and follow us on Facebook or catch us on Instagram as @yogamasti. Our followers get exclusive offers and sneak peaks, and we love talking to customers! See you soon!